Tadpole in the spotlight

Tadpole in the spotlight

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Soapy is Pokey

My goodness! It has been a long time since I posted anything.

I have some good news and some bad news. Soapy is still happy and healthy (or so it seems). Though she is taking way more time than Big Bob did to grow her back legs. See for yourself, this picture was taken today.



Very small legs indeed.

Now some explaining. I know those of you who have been keeping a look out on the blog are wondering where are the pics of Big Bob the Frog? Well, this is what happened (I have been a little embarassed and busy that's why it has taken this long). Once he became a frog, he climbed up onto the land and would hide under something. I tried to take some pictures, I thought that some looked okay on the camera and I left him for the night. The next morning I came down and the lid was still off the tank. My cheese almost slipped off my cracker. At first I thought "He can't jump out of the tank, he's too small." So I looked for him, I couldn't see him in his hiding place. I kept looking, then I tore all the grass off the land so I could see better, and still couldn't find him. At this point I began tearing my basement apart looking for him. I moved everything and still had no signs of him. My wife came downstairs and went to get a flashlight. She shined it in the tank for a minute and found Big Bob in a little mud hole. I put the lid back on and proceeded to take several deep breaths.

Anyway I tried to take some more pics and they looked okay on the camera, but after I released Big Bob, when I downloaded them they were terrible, you couldn't tell mud from frog. I have been hoping for Soapy to finish her cycle all summer.

I'll try to stay more on it, and maybe I'll be over for a visit in the next while.

Cheers,
Mr. C

1 comment:

  1. You are right it has been a long time since you posted, I thought she died. At least that is what you said.


    Vix

    ReplyDelete